Each January, Mid American Pompon awards a $500 collegiate scholarship to four exemplary high school seniors that are active members of varsity-level pompon teams. Over the last 40 years, Mid American Pompon is proud to have awarded over $82,000 in scholarship funds to college-bound pommers. Scholarship recipients are honored at the start of the Mid American Pompon State Championships.
As students, our scholarship winners display excellence in academics and engagement. As pommers, they exemplify sportsmanship at competition and leadership at practice. As community members, each recipient represents themselves, their teams, and the sport of pompon in a positive way.
If you are interested in applying for the Mid American Pompon Collegiate Scholarship, please read through the requirements below.
To be considered for a Mid American Pompon Collegiate Scholarship, applicant must have:
1. Attended two or more Mid American Pompon functions (camp, competition, event, clinic, etc) as a competitor or participant by the application deadline. Applicant will receive additional points for participation in additional MAPP events.
2. A 3.2+ cumulative Grade Point Average. (Transcripts through the applicant’s junior year must be included with application).
3. Current status of “Senior” at the High School level. No undergraduates or other pom team alumni.
Application Requirements – DUE on or before January 16, 2023:
- Complete the Application Form
- Submit a 1-page essay responding to the prompt given at the end of the application form. Tip: Directions for submission are included in the application form.
- Recommendation Form must be submitted by at least one current or former coach. Tip: Send this form via email to the coach(es) you would like to have complete your recommendation and request that they submit their responses prior to the due date.
Only complete applications will be evaluated/reviewed. There is not a limit to the number of athletes that can apply from each team. Applications are only available online.