Each January, Mid American Pompon awards four, exemplary high school senior pompon team members with $500 scholarships. Over the past 40 years, we have been proud to give over $82,000 in scholarship funds to college-bound pommers. These deserving scholarship recipients are passionate about the sport of pom and display excellence in academics, leadership and sportsmanship on their high school pompon team and in their community.
In order to be considered for a Mid American Pompon scholarship, candidates must meet the following criteria:
1. Applicant must have attended two or more Mid American Pompon functions as a competitor or participant by the application deadline. Applicant will receive additional points for participation in additional MAPP events (camps, competitions, All Star functions, etc.).
2. Must have a 3.2+ Grade Point Average. (Transcripts through the applicant’s junior year must be included with application).
3. A letter of recommendation from the coach must accompany the application. It must be returned in a sealed envelope, with signature across the seal.
4. An essay (1 page maximum – typed) must accompany the application.
5. Applications are available only online.
6. Scholarship applications are due on or before December 20, 2021 of your senior year.
7. Only complete applications will be evaluated/reviewed.
8. There is no limit to the number of athletes that can apply from each team.
Only seniors can apply, no undergraduates, past graduates, etc.