The Mid American All Star Team was created by Karen Blazaitis in 1986 to provide members of pompon and dance teams from high schools throughout Michigan the opportunity to showcase their skills in a noncompetitive environment. The intention was to help performers gain exposure and positive creditability in the sports and performance world, both locally and nationally. The team is under the direction of Julie Hobbs-Julian, and is operated out of the Farmington Hills, Michigan offices of Mid American Pompon, Studio and Fitness.”
The Mid American Pompon All Star Team is nationally recognized for past performances in Presidential Inaugural parades; Orange, Gator, and Citrus Bowl Halftime Shows, and Summer Olympic performances, the All Star team is just that, Pompon All Stars.
Becoming an All Star
Try-outs are held at Mid American Summer camps only, and are open to Varsity team members, 9-12th grade. Applicants are required to wear black bottoms and a white top for their audition. Applications and fees should not be mailed into Mid American Pompon please turn them in at Summer Camp.
As a nationally recognized leader in pom and dance instruction, Mid American Pompon has quite the resume for it’s All Star Team, with amazing past performances, many that the team is still annually invited back for.
- 1986-2018 Annual performers in America’s Thanksgiving Day parade and Opening Show, Detroit, MI
- 2018 Festival Performance in Iceland
- 2015 Pearl Harbor Memorial Parade in Hawaii
- 2014-2019 St. Patrick’s Day Parade in Detroit, MI
- 2014 Buffalo Wild Wings Citrus Bowl Game Halftime Performance in Orlando, FL
- 2013 Holiday Bowl Game Halftime Performance in San Diego, CA
- 2012 Big Dance Tour Performances in London, England
- 2012 University of Michigan Women’s Basketball Game Halftime Performance
- 1989, 2011 & 2013 St. Patrick’s Day Parade in Chicago
- 2010 & 2011 On Field Performance at Detroit Tigers Game
- 2003 & 2008 Performers in The Detroit Red Wings Stanley Cup Victory Parade
- 2006 & 2007 “Magical Music Days” Performers at Walt Disney World, Orlando, Florida
- 2004 & 2005 Performances as “Stars at Sea” on Carnival Cruise Line
- 2004 Detroit Pistons World Championship Victory Parade
- 2001 & 2005 Presidential Inaugural Parades for George W. Bush in Washington, D.C
- 1993 & 1997 Presidential Inaugural Parades for Bill Clinton, Washington, D.C.
- 1994 Fiesta Bowl Parade, Phoenix Arizona
- 1987 & 1989 Citrus Bowl Parade, Orlando, FL